We Fight Tirelessly To Protect Your Rights
At The Walthew Law Firm, our Seattle traumatic brain injury attorneys fight tirelessly to protect the rights and interests of our clients. With deep experience handling serious injury claims, we protect your rights and help you get compensated. If you or your family member suffered a serious head injury, you need a strong advocate in your corner. To set up a free, no-obligation consultation with a top-rated Washington traumatic brain injury lawyer, please call our Seattle law office today or send us a message online.
Head Injuries Require Immediate Medical Attention
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are among the most common types of serious injuries reported in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly three million people seek emergency medical attention for brain injuries each year. Symptoms related to TBIs and concussions often come on slowly. The injury may be more severe than the injured person initially realizes. Some of the most common symptoms of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Confusion or disorientation;
- Short-term memory problems;
- A worsening headache;
- Unusual feelings of fatigue;
- Blurred vision or double vision;
- Nausea, sometimes to the point of vomiting;
- Dilation of the pupils;
- Slurred speech;
- Loss of consciousness; and
- Tingling or numbness in the extremities.
The Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
As defined by National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, a traumatic brain injury or TBI is “a form of acquired brain injury that occurs when a sudden trauma causes damage to the brain.” Johns Hopkins Medicine explains that traumatic brain injuries can be divided into two broad categories:
- Closed Brain Injuries: A closed brain injury is one where there is no break to the victim’s skull. Most often, a closed brain injury occurs when a bump, blow, or jolt causes the brain to shake back and forth within the skull. Closed brain injuries include concussions and brain contusions. They can be mild, moderate, serious, or even life-threatening. As with all brain injuries, the severity varies based on the precise nature and location of the impact. Depending on the specific circumstances, a full recovery from a closed brain injury can take months, or even longer.
- Penetrating Brain Injuries: A penetrating injury occurs when an object pierces the skull and damages the brain. Not only are these types of TBIs especially frightening, they can cause serious long-term impairments. Immediate medical attention is a must. How exactly a penetrating brain injury will manifest depends on the specific point of impact in the victim’s brain. Though, areas of the brain that were not directly penetrated could still be affected.
Within these two broad categorizations of the causes of brain injuries, there are many specific types of TBIs. Some of the most notable examples include intracranial hematomas, skull fractures, brain contusions, and diffuse axonal injury (DAI). All suspected traumatic brain injuries are medical emergencies. Injured victims should seek an immediate evaluation from a qualified physician.
Holding a Negligent Defendant Liable for a TBI in Washington
A wide variety of different accidents can cause traumatic brain injuries, including auto accidents, slip and fall accidents, construction sites accidents, and other on-the-job injuries. In Washington, traumatic brain injuries cases can fall under the state’s negligence laws. However, if you were hurt at work, you probably have a workers’ compensation claim which is a type of no-fault insurance. If your on-the-job brain injury was the fault of someone other than your employer or coworker, you may have a third-party negligence claim.
Negligence claims are fault-based legal cases. To hold a defendant liable for a brain injury, a plaintiff must prove that the defendant’s reckless or careless conduct contributed to the accident. Serious injuries require immediate investigation. Our Seattle brain injury attorneys are prepared to take immediate action to protect your rights. We will investigate the accident and take action to hold all negligent defendants responsible for the harm caused to you and your family.
Victims Deserve Full Financial Compensation
In Washington, injured victims can recover financial support for economic and non-economic damages. Unfortunately, the personal injury claims process can be difficult to navigate. We are here to advocate for people who need help the most. At The Walthew Law Firm, our Seattle traumatic brain injury lawyers hold negligent defendants and large insurance companies accountable. If you sustained a concussion or TBI in an accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for:
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and other expenses;
- Prescription drugs;
- Rehabilitative care;
- Psychological counseling and support services;
- Lost wages and diminished earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Mental anguish and emotional distress;
- Permanent disability or impairment; and
- Loss of lifestyle enjoyment.
You Can Rely on the Washington Brain Injury Attorneys at The Walthew Law Firm
Traumatic brain injury claims are complex. At The Walthew Law Firm, we help victims and their families navigate the personal injury process—with a focus on ensuring that our clients receive the maximum possible financial compensation. When you call our Seattle office, you will have an opportunity to speak with a Washington brain injury attorney who can:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review of your traumatic brain injury case;
- Answer your questions and explain the next steps in the legal process;
- Investigate the accident, gathering the evidence to prove liability and damages;
- Handle correspondence and settlement negotiations with defendants and insurers; and
- Take aggressive legal action to get you and your family the best possible outcome.
A serious injury requires serious representation. Our Seattle traumatic brain injury attorneys always put forward the time, resources, and personal attention that our clients deserve. As we handle catastrophic injury claims on a contingency fee basis, there is no need to worry about the cost of hiring a top-rated attorney—there are no upfront or out-of-pocket fees.
Call Our Seattle, WA, Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers for Immediate Help
At The Walthew Law Firm, our Washington traumatic brain injury attorneys provide proactive and reliable legal representation to people who need help the most. You deserve justice and full financial compensation for your injuries. If you or your loved one suffered a serious TBI or concussion, we will protect your rights. Contact our firm today for a no cost, no obligation consultation. From our Seattle law office, we represent injured victims in King County and throughout all of Western Washington.
Our clients are saying:
“Words cannot express how grateful we are for your help in our L&I case. I am confident we could not have secured better representation.”Michelle
“I want to let you know that I truly appreciate all the efforts you put into ensuring that I received what is due to me. I really thank you for your thoughtfulness, care and kind words.”Olu
“There are no words to express my gratitude for all the help you have given me during this part of my journey over the many years. The Walthew Law Firm lawyers and office people are the very best.”Chris
“I just wanted to reiterate how excited we are for how everything worked out in this fight for a lifetime pension. We are very grateful for all the hard work you and Patrick have put in working on this case for such a long time and being able to prevail! That you very much again!”Viktor