An accident can happen in a split second, but the negative medical and financial effects can last a lifetime. If you were injured in an accident that is someone else’s fault, you have the right to full compensation for your medical expenses, loss of earnings, pain, suffering, disability, inconvenience, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Without an experienced attorney, the legal aftermath of a personal injury can add to an already a traumatic situation. We can help. For over 90 years, we’ve been fighting for the rights of people who have been injured. From gathering medical information about the injury to negotiating with the other party’s insurance company, the Tacoma law offices of The Walthew Law Firm can handle all legal aspects of your accident so you can focus on your recovery.
How Were You Injured?
We represent clients in many types of personal injury accidents, including:
- DUI Accidents – Alcohol-impaired driving accounts for 30 percent of all traffic deaths. Here in Washington, DUI crash fatalities rose a staggering 12.6 percent from 2015 to 2016, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA). When a drunk driver causes an auto accident, The Walthew Law Firm is committed to holding the driver fully accountable and legally responsible for your injury.
- Car Accident – A car accident can create severe injuries that can lead to a long recovery process and put a significant strain on your finances and family. We understand the complex web of laws related to car accidents and can guide you through every step of the process.
- Truck Accidents –When large commercial vehicles cause accidents with passenger vehicles or pedestrians, the truck driver often walks away from the crash while the other party is taken away in an ambulance. We have the legal know-how to hold truck drivers and their affiliated companies accountable for your injuries.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Injuries – Even the most cautious cyclist or pedestrian can fall victim to a careless, angry or distracted driver. Cyclists and pedestrians are the most vulnerable users of the road and often suffer the greatest injuries when collisions occur. We can help clear the obstacles standing in the way of your entitled compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents – With little protection to absorb the impact from a collision with a vehicle, motorcyclists often suffer significant injuries. We’ll help you face the uphill battle against insurance companies to recover compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost income, and more.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Falls account for nearly the same number of deaths as traffic collisions, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Slip and fall cases generally occur because a business owner was negligent in maintaining their property. Some people are hesitant to file a lawsuit after falling in public because they are embarrassed or feel clumsy. However, if you suffered significant injuries in a slip and fall accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, you deserve fair compensation for that harm.
- Negligent Premises Security – Certain companies have a duty to provide you a reasonable level of security and safety from robbery or harm while at their place of business. If you are harmed, and the company failed to provide security cameras, bouncers, parking lot lights, security personnel, or adherence to occupancy maximums, you may have grounds for a claim for your injuries.
- Third Party Claims –If your injury from a negligent party happened while you were at work (driving for work; at a job site; on a sales call) and was not caused by a co-worker or your employer, you can file a Workers’ Compensation claim and pursue a lawsuit against the negligent third party. With our extensive experience in all types of injury law, the attorneys at The Walthew Law Firm can represent you in your Workers’ Compensation claim, as well as your claim against the negligent third party.
Other Accidents – We help people who have been injured in a wide range of accidents like dog attacks, elevators, escalators, moving walkways, swimming pools, contaminated food, exposure to dangerous chemicals, and more.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Today for Assistance
Being involved in any accident where another was at fault, resulting in personal injury, is a challenging ordeal. We understand the lifelong consequences of your case. Contact The Walthew Law Firm today to schedule a free, personal consultation and get an honest assessment of your legal situation with one of our compassionate Tacoma personal injury lawyers. You’ve been hurt; we can help.
Our clients are saying:
“Words cannot express how grateful we are for your help in our L&I case. I am confident we could not have secured better representation.”Michelle
“I want to let you know that I truly appreciate all the efforts you put into ensuring that I received what is due to me. I really thank you for your thoughtfulness, care and kind words.”Olu
“There are no words to express my gratitude for all the help you have given me during this part of my journey over the many years. The Walthew Law Firm lawyers and office people are the very best.”Chris
“I just wanted to reiterate how excited we are for how everything worked out in this fight for a lifetime pension. We are very grateful for all the hard work you and Patrick have put in working on this case for such a long time and being able to prevail! That you very much again!”Viktor