An accident can happen in a split second, but the negative medical and financial effects can last a lifetime. If you were injured in an accident that is someone else’s fault, you have the right to full compensation for your medical expenses, loss of earnings, pain, suffering, disability, inconvenience, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Without an experienced attorney, the legal aftermath of a personal injury can add to an already a traumatic situation. We can help. For over 80 years, we’ve been fighting for the rights of people who have been injured. From gathering medical information about the injury to negotiating with the other party’s insurance company, the Tacoma law offices of The Walthew Law Firm can handle all legal aspects of your accident so you can focus on your recovery.
We represent clients in many types of personal injury accidents, including:
- DUI Accidents – Alcohol-impaired driving accounts for 30 percent of all traffic deaths. Here in Washington, DUI crash fatalities rose a staggering 12.6 percent from 2015 to 2016, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA). When a drunk driver causes an auto accident, The Walthew Law Firm is committed to holding the driver fully accountable and legally responsible for your injury.
- Car Accident – A car accident can create severe injuries that can lead to a long recovery process and put a significant strain on your finances and family. We understand the complex web of laws related to car accidents and can guide you through every step of the process.
- Truck Accidents –When large commercial vehicles cause accidents with passenger vehicles or pedestrians, the truck driver often walks away from the crash while the other party is taken away in an ambulance. We have the legal know-how to hold truck drivers and their affiliated companies accountable for your injuries.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Injuries – Even the most cautious cyclist or pedestrian can fall victim to a careless, angry or distracted driver. Cyclists and pedestrians are the most vulnerable users of the road and often suffer the greatest injuries when collisions occur. We can help clear the obstacles standing in the way of your entitled compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents – With little protection to absorb the impact from a collision with a vehicle, motorcyclists often suffer significant injuries. We’ll help you face the uphill battle against insurance companies to recover compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost income, and more.