Should I Talk to Insurance Adjusters?

Most insurance policies require cooperation on the part of the insured. As such, if the insurance adjuster for your own insurance company calls, you will most likely need to discuss the accident with the adjuster. If you are already represented by an attorney, you should refer the adjuster to your attorney.


You are not required to speak with the adjuster of the other driver’s insurance. Be wary. The defendant’s insurance adjuster is trying to build a defense against you. The defendant’s adjuster is trying to minimize the amount paid in damages. The defendant’s adjuster is not your friend. If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident through no fault of your own, you should speak with an attorney. Once you notify the adjuster that you have hired an attorney, the adjuster must communicate through the attorney and is prohibited from speaking with you directly. If you are absolutely sure that property damages are minimal and you were not injured, you may speak with the adjuster, but it is a judgment call. If you are unsure, you should speak with an attorney first.

Our Attorneys

Patrick C.

Michael J.

Attorney Caroline Golshan

Caroline A.

Kathleen K.

Thomas A.

Jonathan K.