What to Do After a Car Accident?
- Do not leave the scene of an accident
- If the accident is relatively minor, move your vehicle to a safe area out of harm’s way. Turn off the vehicle and turn on your hazard lights.
- Make sure no one in your vehicle is hurt. Even a minor accident can cause injuries, and the injuries may not be immediately evident. Call for help if there is the slightest doubt.
- Exchange information including driver’s license, address, and insurance information with others involved in the accident. Also note the plate number, registration, and the make and model of the other vehicle. You may use your cell phone camera to make a quick note of all of the above information.
- Call the police. Obtain the officer’s name and contact information as well as the accident report number.
- Don’t admit blame and don’t argue over who is at fault.
- If possible, take photos of the accident scene and any damage to the vehicles involved.
- Contact your insurer right away. You should find a phone number for the claims department on your insurance card.
Call us today.
Offices in Seattle and Everett.
Talk to an attorney to get free advice about your claim.
PO Box 34645
Seattle, WA 98124-1645
*Packages and overnight deliveries should be shipped to the Seattle physical address.
3000 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121
2906 Colby Ave | Suite 101
Everett, WA 98201